I love newsletters and I read quite a few of them. I made a list a bit more than a year ago and a few things have changed since then. I compiled this list for the XOXO slack yesterday and I figured it’d be good to share it here as well. These are the things I read these days.
- Nicole Knows is The Toast alum Nicole Cliffe’s newsletter, do yourself a favor and follow her on twitter immediately as well. It’s a mix of fun and weird Reddit threads and skincare. [archives]
- The week that was by Ian Kennedy is a weekly newsletter with usually ten links to interesting, unusual stories from all over the world. [archives]
- Things That Have Caught My Attention by Dan Hon. Fascinating reads about the intersection of technology and, well, life, I guess. [archives]
- Recs by Rex Sorgatz, which relaunched recently, gives you a fresh dose of interesting things to read from the web. [archives]
- The Morning Missive by Amy Widdowsson is a semi-daily newsletter of, again, interesting links. [archives]
- Emchap’s Shit by Emily Chapman is a weekly newsletter of, you guessed it, interesting links and a story and a recipe. [archives]
- Desk Lunch is a weekly newsletter, “A community for all creative people of marginalized genders.”, it gives me something to think about almost every week. [archives]
- Letters to Summer by Jillian G. Meehan and summer farah is a biweekly newsletter about just, well, interesting stuff. [archives]
- Garbage Day by Ryan Broderick, which gives you just the weirdest stuff from the internet every Friday. May be borderline NSFW at times. [archives]
- Podcast Idea by Rose Eveleth gives you weekly fictional podcast ideas. [archives]
Last but not least, not strictly a newsletter but Spoonbill is useful to know what the people you follow on twitter are up to.